About Sharing Media Online
- Q. What can I post in the video section?
- A. The video section is a place to post your own videos. These can be videos of your performances, as well as video recordings of original music that you created or composed. You may also post other videos that you create, about your school, your culture, or your other musical projects.
- Q. Can I post a music video by my favorite band or recording artist?
- A. The short answer is, "No." You may not upload music videos that are created by others. However, you may link to (and embed) videos that are available on other sites, such as YouTube and Vimeo. If you want to link to videos by other artists, we ask that you do this on your own profile page or in your own blog posts, where you should add a comment about why you are linking to the video. Please do not embed these videos in the video section of the Musical Exchange community.
- Q. What about audio? What can I post in the audio player?
- A. The audio playlist is a place for you to post your own recordings of your performances and original music that you created or composed.
- Q. Can I upload MP3s from my favorite band or recording artist?
- A. Again, the short answer is, "No." Uploading music by other professional recording artists is illegal. However, you may link to (and embed) audio from other websites, such as SoundCloud.
- Q. Do the same rules apply to photos? What can I post in the photo section?
- A. Yes, the same rules apply. The photo section is a place for you to post your original photos. While we encourage you to share photos that are meaningful to you, we also ask that you keep your photos generally relevant to the purpose of Musical Exchange, which is to share our music and cultures with each other.
Contact Carnegie Hall or click here for technical support and other help topics.