Well for me, orchestra season is now finally in full swing! yay!

For orchestra:

I'm in three orchestra so in orchestra No. 1

Contrabassoon- Bernstein Overture to Candide, Hindemith Symphonic Metamorphosis 

No.2 (bassoon)- Finale from Beethoven Symphony 1, Stravinsky Firebird: Berceuse and Finale

No. 3 (contra)- Its a new music orchestra, and I am playing "Human Songs and Stories" by Daniel Bernard Roumain 

Also I am working on some etudes and the Mozart Bassoon Concerto, and various bassoon and contra excerpts 

looks like  a fun season I have ahead

what does everyone else have planned?

Views: 186

Replies to This Discussion

For Orchestra:
Dvorak 9
Mahler 1
Rainbow Body

For recital:
Bach: e minor sonata
Jolivet: Chant de Linos
Takemitsu: Voice
Prokofiev: sonata

Always etudes and excerpts as well!!

ooh so jealous Dvorak 9 and Mahler 1 :O have fun!!

always etudes and excerpts.

I'm finally settling into my new band at school {as the only underclassman clarinet}. Right now we're doing Whitacre's Ghost Train and Jaeger's Third Suite.

And of course, there's several auditions I'm prepping for {i.e. regional youth orchestras}, so lots of scales and etudes.

fun! good luck on auditions!

ooh sounds fun!

Have fun in your university band!

hmm.. in the Dayton Philharmonic Youth Orchestra, we are playing Kenisis, and Works from Wagner and Bartok! Love it! :)

RSS

About Musical Exchange

Connect with other young musicians (ages 13 and up), share your performances and compositions, and join creative projects led by professional artists from Carnegie Hall.

Proud Sponsor

Digital music workshops produced by Carnegie Hall in partnership with Building Beats are supported by the Hive Digital Media Learning Fund in the New York Community Trust.

© 2017   Created by Carnegie Hall.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service